Strawberry Tarts with Almond & Pistachio Cream Filling
Created by Chef Caroline Achard (Instagram: @les_ateliers_de_caro)
Although still somewhat cold here in the Midwest it is now considered Springtime, and with that, what better way to welcome the weather then with a delicious, fruity & nutty strawberry tart.
This tart pairs strawberry, pistachio, and almonds to create a very light and not-too-sweet dessert. Prepared in Panibois wooden tart rings sized 4, 5, and 6 inches this is the perfect size dessert for any occasion.
We are proud to present our:
Missed our other five video recipes created by Chef Caroline? Click above to check them out
The best part about our video recipe series this month?
Obviously the recipe, but also baking in Panibois. Yes, we may be biased, but if you've tried wooden baking molds before, you'll see how convenient they truly are. Aside from little to no clean-up, Panibois baking molds are perfect for presentation, or adding that additional artisan touch. We will also customize your mold in-house offering high quality logo engravings. Do you sell product at your local farmers market and want to stand out? Serving your goods in a custom engraved 100% biodegradable baking mold is a good way to do just that.
Not only does Panibois offer a simple clean-up and baking experience, you can also go from prep, to the freezer, to the oven without exchanging molds or touching your items again.
The recipe in itself offers a very light substitution for those heavy sweet desserts we have grown accustomed too. Although offering some sweetness, the pistachio and almond balance out this dessert ever so delicately. Not only is the presentation beautiful but you are able to customize the strawberry topping however you seem fit. Play around with it, and make it yours!
Follow along below or scroll to the bottom to get the free PDF recipe for this wonderful Strawberry Tart.
Use a Sweet Pastry Dough or any other Pie Doug
Almond & Pistachio Cream Filling (for 6 tart rings; 3, 4, and 5" - 2 of each size).
- 8.5 tbsp (100g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 2 tbsp (30g) pistachio paste
- 2 tsp (8g) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rum
- chopped pistachios & confectioners sugar to finish
Pastry Dough / Pie Dough
- Roll out dough and arrange into tart rings
- Prick bottom with a fork to allow steam to escape
- Refrigerate for a long time before baking (up to 24 hours), or place 30 minutes to 1 hour in freezer prior to baking
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar
- Add almond flour, eggs (whisked), pistachio paste, cornstarch and rum
- Mix just enough to combine everything
- Refrigerate to thicken, or set aside
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Fill tart rings with almond/pistachio cream and bake for 20 to 30 minutes
- During the baking time, prepare strawberries
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towel
- Cut into halves, quarters or more, slice long ways
- These will be used for decoration and you can experiment
- Let tarts cool on a cooling rack
- Arrange strawberries freely on top of almond cream filling and brush with strawberry sauce (optional)
- Finish with chopped pistachios and confectioners sugar