Puff Pastry Apple Tarts
Our mini apple tarts are piping with fresh apples upon layers of puff pastry and only require a few simple steps to prepare. Using our Bio Food Pack TO109 baking molds for this recipe just enhances how quick and easy the bake is from preparation, to cleanup.
These small 4.3" tarts topped with a scoop of ice cream really make for a perfect personal dessert. The puff pastry adds a buttery and delicious foundation for this dessert and everything is tied together with the warm sugared apples.
Of course, like any recipe, you can use a store bought puff pastry, however Caroline tends to make hers in advance. If you are unsure how to create puff pastry from scratch check out our Brioche with Créme Pâtissiére recipe. Regardless of what you do in preparation we used a 10-by-15-inch sheet of puff pastry to create 4 delicious little tartlets.
This dessert is the perfect way to enjoy fresh apples and you'll have them in under an hour (including prep and bake time).
Makes 6 BIO-MO140 Paper Baking Molds
- Puff Pastry
- 3 Organic Apples
- Salted Butter
- Raw Sugar (turbinado)
- Apple Sauce
Sweet Potato Cake
- On a floured countertop, roll out your dough (~ 10" x 15")
- Cut the dough into 4 x 4 ½" circles
- Arrange the dough in the tart molds and prick with a fork. Let rest.
- Clean and core apples, cut them unpeeled into thin slices.
- Use the scraps and uneven slices to make applesauce (place in a pot with a little water under medium. Mix occasionally until soft. Hand blend and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of applesauce on the dough.
- Arrange apple slices on top.
- Add a few small pieces of butter and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400°F
- Lower temp to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Download PDF Recipe