Caramelized Turnip Slices with Thyme
Created by Chef Caroline Achard
Here's your next solution for a quick and easy side dish or hors d'oeuvre at your next event or family dinner. These caramelized turnips are not only beautiful and delicious, but can be prepared in no time at all.
Makes 9 to 12 amuse-bouche molds
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 Turnips, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp Liquid Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Thyme
- 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large sauté pan over low heat.
- Cover with one third of turnip slices and cook over low-medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until they soften.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp butter in the pan and repeat the cooking process with another third of the turnip slices. Repeat until all slices cooked.
- Set slices aside.
- Using the same pan, heat honey until it becomes a runny liquid.
- Pour the liquid honey to cover the bottom of the molds.
- Arrange turnip slices on top of honey inside the molds.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle thyme and drizzle with vinegar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slices are soft and caramelized.
- Remove from molds or serve directly inside.