Mini Quiche with Marinated Cucumber
Created by Chef Caroline Achard
Quiche is often considered a savory open flan incorporating a pastry crust filled with eggs, milk, cheese, and meat. Often served hot or cold, this French Cuisine is also popular in other countries and can be considered a "party food."
This month chef Caroline Achard created a crustless mini quiche topped with a wonderful marinated cucumber and roe eggs/smoked salmon. Perfect for our amuse-bouche baking molds, these mini quiche are a great introduction or "finger food" for any event.
We are proud to present our:
Missed our other four video recipes created by Chef Caroline? Click above to check them out
The best part about our video recipe series this month?
This mini quiche can be prepped and baked in just under an hour. If you're in a rush and need a last minute appetizer, look no further. This crustless quiche requires 15 minutes of baking and only a few ingredients. By using our panibois baking molds you are able to prep, bake, and serve your amuse-bouche straight out of the oven. Don't worry about transferring foods for presentation, serve directly in your customized baking mold and forget about a messy clean-up.
Mini Quiche Topping (9 to 12 amuse-bouche molds)
- ¼ English Cucumber Thinly Sliced
- 3 tbsp White Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Chopped Mint
- ½ tsp Chopped Dill
Mini Crustless Quiche (9 to 12 amuse-bouche molds)
- 3 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Heavy Cream
- ⅓ cup (15g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Chopped Dill
- Place cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt.
- Let rest for 30 minutes to release water.
- In a bowl, whisk vinegar with sugar until dissolved.
- Add finely chopped mint, dill, and thinly sliced cucumbers and stir together gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl, beat together 3 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix in cumin, heavy cream, parmesan, and dill.
- Fill the Amuse Bouche molds with the egg mixture.
- Place in oven and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Let cool
- When ready to serve, top with marinated cucumber, and a small dollop of creme fraiche.
- Finish with a few roe eggs or a small piece of smoked salmon and a tiny mint leaf.