To begin creating artisan chocolates, you will need a few basic tools to get started.
First things first. Decide which technique you will start with, as your ingredient and equipment needs will vary slightly. The three basic techniques for making chocolates are molding chocolate, dipping, and enrobing. After the chocolate has been prepared (melted and tempered), you are ready to begin.
Let’s Get Started from TechnoBake.com
We have professional grade tools and equipment listed under “Chocolate Work” to get your collection started.
- Dry Heat Chocolate Melter in 3 sizes
- KALI Polycarbonate Spatula in 12″, 16″, and 20″ sizes
- High-Heat Spatula in 10″, 14″, and 16″ sizes
- SAFRAN Polyurethane Bib Apron
- Chocolate Dipping Forks with Case, Set of 5
- Candy Gloves (coming soon to TechnoBake.com)
What Else You’ll Need
Here is a list of other tools and ingredients you might need for your project and some ideas to awaken your inner chocolatier.
- Couverture Chocolate
- Candy Molds
- Parchment Paper or Heavy Weight Dipping Sheets
- Inclusions: fillings, biscuits, nuts, raisins, popcorn, pretzels, cookie pieces, cereal, dried or fresh fruit, etc.
- Finishing Decorations: edible gold foil or edible gold flakes, cocoa powder, nut powders
- Design Tools: brushes, squeeze bottles (for filling molds & drizzling)
- Individual Presentation: foil, wrappers, or paper candy cups
- Packaging: candy boxes, cellophane bags, ribbon, twist ties, gift tags, labels or stickers, etc.
TechnoBake Expert Tip:
Don’t limit yourself to one type of chocolate at a time, our 12kg Chocolate Melters fit two 6kg stainless-steel pans beautifully. Two pans allow you to easily melt milk chocolate in one and white chocolate or dark chocolate in the other. Add artistry to your creations with ease.